Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blueberry Peach Baked Oatmeal

When I was visiting family in Texas last November my awsome sister-in-law made me a banana baked oatmeal. Since then I have been a quest to make a great baked oatmeal base and I think that I have found one. I have made it with apples and rasins then yesterday I thought to combine two of my favorites blueberries and peachs. YUM YUM YUM!
I used the peaches that I canned last season but I canned peached diced or maybe even frozen would work just as well. I kept the blueberries frozen so they would not get all mushy dye the whole this purple but I am sure defrosted are ok too. I can not wait to get a pint from the farmers market in the summer.
If you do not have unsweetened applesauce I am sure that regular would be great. Also if you do not have nutmeg just replace with more cinnamon.

If you want to try with apples and rasins increase the milk to 1/2c

2c Old fashion Oats
¼ c flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¾ tsp salt
¼ c brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
½ c unsweetened applesauce
¼c milk
1 tsp vanilla
½ c frozen blueberries
1 c diced peaches
Preheat oven to 325 grease 11x8 pan
In a large bowl combine oats flour baking powder cinnamon nutmeg salt and brown sugar
In a medium bowl wisk eggs applesauce milk and vanilla stir into dry ingrediants fold in frozen blueberries and peaches pour into baking pan place in oven and bake for 35 min until lightly brown and cooked thru

No comments:

Post a Comment