Sunday, June 10, 2012

Banana Strawberry Smoothie

I needed a snack that met many requirements : quick, low calorie, treat my sweet tooth and cool off from this heat.  I went to the fridge and this is what I was able to whip up in about 5 min.

5oz Almond milk, vanilla flavored
1/2 banana
4 strawberries
6oz Very Vanilla yogurt, low fat ( I like yoplait thick and creamy)
1 cup ice (crushed if you can )

In a blender pour in ice and milk then fruit and yogurt cover and blend on high until creamy.

* I think any fruit combo would be really good try what you have on hand or like.

This makes about 2 8oz servings and little extra.

8 oz nutrition info:
74 Calories
7 calories from fat
.8g fat
0g sat fat
0 trans fat
1mg cholesterol
79mg sodium
14.8g Carbs
1.2g Fiber
9g Sugar
2.5g Protein
 

No comments:

Post a Comment