We just had Asian Grilled Salmon, Ginger Veggie Stir Fry and Forbidden rice for dinner and it was SO GOOD all three items rocked. The serving size for salmon is 3.5 oz without extra sauce, Veggies 5oz and Forbidden rice 1/3c Total the cal count is about 438. I know that is high but the majority comes from the salmon and the many other benefits of salmon out weigh the calories every once in a while. Hope you like it too.
Ginger Veggie Stir Fry- Allrecipes
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, blend cornstarch, garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until cornstarch is dissolved. Mix in broccoli, snow peas, carrots, and green beans, tossing to lightly coat.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook vegetables in oil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Stir in soy sauce and water. Mix in onion, salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger. Cook until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
Asian Grilled Salmon Ina Garten
- 1 side fresh salmon, boned but skin on (about 3 pounds)
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons good soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Light charcoal briquettes in a grill and brush the grilling rack with oil to keep the salmon from sticking.While the grill is heating, lay the salmon skin side down on a cutting board and cut it crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Whisk together the mustard, soy sauce, olive oilgarlic in a small bowl. Drizzle half of the marinade onto the salmon and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
Place the salmon skin side down on the hot grill; discard the marinade the fish was sitting in. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Turn carefully with a wide spatula and grill for another 4 to 5 minutes. The salmon will be slightly raw in the center, but don't worry; it will keep cooking as it sits.
Transfer the fish to a flat plate, skin side down, and spoon the reserved marinade on top. Allow the fish to rest for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
1c black forbidden rice
1 3/4c vegetable stock unsalted
1 tsp butter
In a med sauce pot over med-high heat melt butter add rice and saute about 3-5 min. Add stock bring to boil cover reduce heat to low and cook 40 min. Then remove from heat and let sit 5 min Fluff with fork and serve