Thursday, January 17, 2013

Coffee Creamer update


I few months ago I wrote about switching to homemade coffee creamer.  I am happy to say that we are still going strong and have not bought commercial made in months.  I have even been experimenting with other flavors and more guinea pigs (Hi morning mommy coffee club) I have recently plugged in all the ingredients to caloriecount.about.com to get the nutritional info.

Serving Size 
1 serving 1 tabl (14.3 g)
Calories 34; Calories from Fat 21; Total Fat 2.3g; Saturated Fat 1.6g; Cholesterol 9mg; Sodium 5mg; Total Carbohydrates 2.8g Sugars 2.8g; Protein 0.2g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 0%


The nutrition content is very similar to commercial made except that the commercial made has 30g of sodium and 5g of sugar per serving.  Homemade taste wins hands down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment